The 36th IEEE International Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems (IEEE CBMS2023) will be held at the University of L’Aquila, L’Aquila, Italy, from Thursday 22nd to Saturday 24th of June 2023.
Attracting a worldwide audience, CBMS is the premier conference for computer-based medical systems, and one of the main conferences in the fields of medical informatics and biomedical informatics. CBMS allows the exchange of ideas and technologies between academic and industrial scientists. The scientific program of IEEE CBMS 2023 will consist of regular and special track sessions with technical contributions reviewed and selected by an international program committee, as well as, keynote talks and tutorials given by leading experts in their fields. The CBMS 2023 edition also aims to host high-quality papers about industry and real case applications as well as allow researchers leading international projects to show to the scientific community the main aims, goals, and results of their projects.
We solicit submissions on previously unpublished research work. Example areas include but are not limited to:
- Active and Healthy Ageing Systems and Data Analytics
- Analytics and solutions in Public Health
- Big Data Analytics in Healthcare
- Biomedical Signal and Image Processing and Machine Vision
- Cognitive Computing in Healthcare
- Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Healthcare (CSCW)
- Computer Vision in Medicine or Healthcare
- Computer-based solutions in clinical decision support
- Computer-based solutions in clinical research
- Computer-based solutions in epidemiology
- Content Analysis of Biomedical Image Data
- Databases and blockchain in Medicine or Healthcare
- Data Analysis and Knowledge Discovery in Medicine or Healthcare
- Data mining and machine learning in clinical decision support
- Data mining and machine learning in clinical research
- Data mining and machine learning in epidemiology
- Decision Support and Recommendation Systems in Medicine or Healthcare
- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) in Healthcare
- Knowledge Representation in Medicine or Healthcare
- Medical education using ICT
- Medical Robotics, Intelligent Medical Devices, and Smart Technologies
- Network and Telemedicine Systems
- Radiomics and Radiogenomics
- Serious Games for Healthcare
- Software Systems in Medicine
- Technology Enhanced Medical Education
- Technology in Clinical and Healthcare Services Research
- Web-Based Delivery of Medical Information
Prospective authors are expected to submit their contributions to the general track or one of the special tracks if relevant. Please see the submission guidelines for further details.
- Paper submission deadline:
- Notification of acceptance:
- Camera-ready due:
- Early registration deadline: available soon.
- Late registration deadline: available soon.
- Last minute registration deadline: available soon.
- CBMS 2023: 22-24 June.
Papers must be submitted electronically using the EasyChair conference management system here.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed by two or three reviewers of the Program Committee.
All accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings and will be published by IEEE. Publication in proceedings is conditioned to the registration and presentation of the paper at the conference by one of their authors.
If the paper is not presented at the conference it will not be included in the proceedings.
Each contribution must be prepared following the IEEE two-column format, whose template is available at https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html. The authors may choose LaTeX or Microsoft Word templates.
Regular papers: up to 6 (maximum 7-8 paying an extra fee)
Short papers: 4 pages. They have to be presented (in less time than regular ones). Short papers cannot be extended.
Each contribution must be prepared following the IEEE two-column format, whose template is available at https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html, and should not exceed the length of 2 (two) pages.
Included in the proceedings but a physical poster needs to be brought to the conference. Poster papers cannot be extended.
The authors may choose LaTeX or Microsoft Word templates.
For presentation purposes at the conference, the authors must prepare the poster in portrait format. The accepted dimensions are 60 (width) x 80 (length).
For more information, please contact cbms2023[at]cbms-conference[dot]org .